ElectraSense® Reader -- scanning microarrays more quickly, with less fuss, and at a fraction of the cost of standard fluorescent readers
The ElectraSense® platform is a robust, affordable, and user-friendly microarray reader that uses an electrochemical reaction to measure up to 12,000 probes in 25-45 seconds. No more templating, laser power adjustments, slide tilt, bleaching, or ozone to worry about.
The ElectraSense Reader and CustomArray microarrays are an unbeatable combination of technologies that provide:
- Re-usable Microarrays: Reduction of cost/test achieved by stripping and rehybridization of the CustomArray®, typically up to 3 additional times.
- Compatibility with 4x2K and 12K microarray formats
- Freedom From Grid Alignment: No tedious set-up time involved.
- Fast Detection Time: Read an entire microarray in about 30 seconds.
- Automated Data Extraction, Background Subtraction and Data Normalization
- Compact Design: Allows for easy portability and minimal bench-space.
Advantages over conventional fluorescence microarray readers:
- Decreased Cost of Ownership:
The cost is considerably less than the purchase of a standard fluorescence reader. Also, expensive fluorescent dyes are replaced by enzymes and substrates.
- Increases Laboratory Resources and Time:
The ElectraSense Reader takes the place of expensive, complex, and delicate lasers and optical systems, which reduces operation and maintenance costs since optics, light sources, and complicated alignment components are eliminated.
- Increases Hands-off Time:
With no need to adjust focus, adjust PMT, or calibrate the instrument.